About Me

We are three friends looking for the perfect well being. We are all married with children and work full time but have many different things going on in our lives and different paths on our health journeys.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ordinary Cartwheels

Oh, to be a kid again.

I was reading someone else's blog and she mentioned she can't do a cartwheel. This got me to thinking about things we did as kids and what we can't do as adults.

Here's my list of things I can't do, now that I'm a grown up:
  • Blow all of my paycheck ($200) on that rockin hot top and kickin' boots!
  • Spend every day, all summer long at the pool (or the sprinkler)
  • Freeze the bra of the first person that falls asleep at a slumber party!
  • Toilet paper the Coach's house!
  • Put love notes in a locker
  • Go to school dances and Friday night Football!
  • Play leapfrog, hide and seek, or Red Rover
  • A cartwheel

But, then I think of all the things I can do now:

  • Blow all of my paycheck on the mortgage and on that K-Dev hoodie and Converse high tops for my daughter.
  • Pay for an annual membership for my daughter to spend all summer at the pool.
  • Freeze my daughter's bra when she falls asleep? (insert Jerry Springer moment here)
  • Remove the toilet paper from my house
  • Put love notes in my husband's lunch
  • Chaperone school dances and Sunday afternoon NASCAR!
  • Play Rock Band - I play awesome microphone
  • Cartwheels - Honestly? I couldn't do one as a kid and I sure can't do one now.
  • Drink margaritas!

But, that last one, makes me think I can do cartwheels.

No comments: