I was reading someone else's blog and she mentioned she can't do a cartwheel. This got me to thinking about things we did as kids and what we can't do as adults.
Here's my list of things I can't do, now that I'm a grown up:
- Blow all of my paycheck ($200) on that rockin hot top and kickin' boots!
- Spend every day, all summer long at the pool (or the sprinkler)
- Freeze the bra of the first person that falls asleep at a slumber party!
- Toilet paper the Coach's house!
- Put love notes in a locker
- Go to school dances and Friday night Football!
- Play leapfrog, hide and seek, or Red Rover
- A cartwheel
But, then I think of all the things I can do now:
- Blow all of my paycheck on the mortgage and on that K-Dev hoodie and Converse high tops for my daughter.
- Pay for an annual membership for my daughter to spend all summer at the pool.
- Freeze my daughter's bra when she falls asleep? (insert Jerry Springer moment here)
- Remove the toilet paper from my house
- Put love notes in my husband's lunch
- Chaperone school dances and Sunday afternoon NASCAR!
- Play Rock Band - I play awesome microphone
- Cartwheels - Honestly? I couldn't do one as a kid and I sure can't do one now.
- Drink margaritas!
But, that last one, makes me think I can do cartwheels.