About Me

We are three friends looking for the perfect well being. We are all married with children and work full time but have many different things going on in our lives and different paths on our health journeys.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Ordinary College Frustrations

I've just finished by 7th college course and with credits I'm carrying over, I now have 27 credits! woo hoo!

But, this last course, Psychology, was frustrating to say the least. Our "professor" (I'm using this term lightly because he was much less than that) was less prepared for teaching this course, than we were at learning it. He constantly changed the syllabus with no written notice, changed grades - from passing to zeros with little or no explanation. Though later, he explained he did this to get our attention. He didn't like to talk during class. Told us it makes him tired. We thought he was there to teach! We had 1 quiz and he was supposed to give us a study guide for it. We received 4 names and were told to know these people. The questions he asked were not things we had ever covered in class. Vent, vent, vent. Other team mates were treated much worse than I so I guess I should be thankful. And while I received an A- in this course, it isn't justified at all.

Members of my team are working on getting a meeting with the Chairman over this Dept. Hopefully, it will happen soon to prevent other people from having to deal with him.

But, we are on to college math - yikes! That starts Tuesday and while I'm intimiated by it, I'm feeling better than I did with Psy. Wish me luck!

No comments: